The Let’s Torque Grand Final returns to the Royal Society of Victoria for another night of top quality presentations by the next generation of STEM communicators. Come along to learn from our finalists about some of the most exciting STEM solutions and mingle with members of the STEM communication community!
The grand finalists are:
- Natalia Zivcic – Brain-Computer interfacing: Magic or Science?
- Sabna Zihara – MOFTA – Metal Organic Framework as Theranostic Agents
- Emma Crooks – MDMA: A Solution for Extreme Trauma
- Jacqui Wakefield – The Hero of the Reef: Unmasking the Vigilante
- Eric Tian – Stem Cells to Revolutionise Meat
- George Loram – Mental Illness & Sleep
- Jun-Ting Yeung – Lessons from the Frog Prince
- Tara Jadwani-Bungar – Phages – Making (Antibiotic) Resistance Futile
The event will be kicked off with some drinks and delicious canapés, followed by a keynote speech from Dr Chris Thompson, Science Communicator and Associate Dean of Education (Faculty of Science) at Monash University.
The judges are:
Dr Amanda Caples – Lead Scientist of Victoria
Sarah Moran – co-founder and CEO of Girl Geek Academy
Sophia Varelas – Partner at PwC Australia
Book your tickets below, and head over to the Let’s Torque Facebook page to keep up with the latest.
Date(s) - Wednesday 12 September, 2018
6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
The Royal Society of Victoria