Already a member? You can log in to manage your membership here.
Membership of the Royal Society of Victoria is open to anyone interested in science, science education or science promotion. Our members form a network of people with an interest in scientific developments and the social impact of the sciences at global and local levels – we are a broad collective from academia, industry, government, schooling and further afield with a strong interest in the sciences and a commitment to its standing and status in the community.
The Society is comprised of, and governed by, its members. RSV Council members and officers are elected from the general membership, and participation in the committees of Council focused on science policy and communications, the science program, our outreach and partnership activities, our publications and records and the membership activities program is open to all RSV members.
Fees from annual membership subscriptions are an important avenue of support for the RSV’s programs and rates vary according to your career/life stage and location. If you have enjoyed participating in our activities as a friend, or would like to explore opportunities for a deeper involvement with our community through the promotion of science, we would be delighted to welcome you as a member.
- fosters, recognises and rewards excellent Victorian scientists across their career trajectory through awards and prizes
- promotes understanding of science in the community
- promotes science literacy and education so that people of all ages know about and understand the value of science
- assists and lobbies governments on issues relating to science and evidence-based decision making
Membership of the Society provides you with an opportunity to:
- learn about developments in a wide range of science disciplines through our lecture program and symposia
- meet and share knowledge with like-minded people
- collaborate with colleagues to deliver the Society’s various programs and projects, using (and developing) your professional skills and experience
- access discounts to RSV events and forums, and (limited) car parking in the Melbourne CBD.
A current membership of the Royal Society of Victorian entitles the use of the professional postnominal ‘MRSV.’ Those elected as Fellows of the Society are entitled to the postnominal ‘FRSV.’
Please enquire at 03 9663 5259 about the cost of purchasing a Corporate Membership or about becoming a Sponsor of the Inspiring Victoria program (including National Science Week).
If you do not know a current member to nominate you, let our office staff know that you are seeking a nominator and we will facilitate introductions.
There is a one-off, $50 joining fee (not payable by Student Applicants).
Click here to read the Rules and Bylaws.