The Proceedings of the Royal Society of Victoria is our refereed journal, published twice annually by CSIRO Publishing. Current and recent editions are available online in open access format from http://www.publish.csiro.au/rs .
The Proceedings is one of Australia’s oldest and longest-running science journals, a terrific platform for establishing an individual research presence, grouping papers derived from symposia on specific subjects, or simply joining a distinguished tradition of science published in or about our region that stretches back to our foundation in 1854. We are always interested in hearing from authors. Papers, Reviews and Reports of experimental or descriptive research, submitted for publication by The Royal Society of Victoria, should not have been published hitherto, nor should they be under consideration for publication elsewhere.
Early volumes of the Proceedings and its various preceding series have been digitised and are freely available online thanks to the efforts of the Biodiversity Heritage Library. From 2009, all volumes have been published online, open access with CSIRO Publishing. Direct links to each iteration of the journal are provided below.
- Proceedings of the Royal Society of Victoria (New Series) (2009- )
- Proceedings of the Royal Society of Victoria (New Series) (1922-2008)
- Proceedings of the Royal Society of Victoria (1888-1922)
- Transactions and Proceedings of the Royal Society of Victoria (1861-1887)
- Transactions of the Royal Society of Victoria (1860)
- Transactions of the Philosophical Institute of Victoria (1857-1859)
- Transactions of the Philosophical Society of Victoria (1855)